[Telemetry][TC]Telemetry status

Albert Braden Albert.Braden at synopsys.com
Tue Dec 17 19:59:28 UTC 2019

My present employer is just starting with Openstack and we aren't using Ceilometer yet, but when I was at eBay we had a whole team trying to make it work and it was still terrible. I was very happy when I heard that the shitty old ceilometer was going away and would never be heard from again. As an operator, I want to see a clear path forward; a path that does not include going back to something that never worked properly.

If there's a choice between doing it the "right" way, and doing something easier, we all know that doing it the "right" way will be easier in the long run.