[goals][Drop Python 2.7 Support] Week R-22 Update

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Tue Dec 17 02:02:44 UTC 2019

 ---- On Mon, 16 Dec 2019 13:55:52 -0600 Ben Nemec <openstack at nemebean.com> wrote ----

 > On 12/14/19 10:29 AM, Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
 > > * I pushed the patches on specs repo to cleanup py2 specific requirement or tox or zuul changes.
 > > many projects were running 'openstack-tox-py27' which I have changed to 'openstack-tox-pep8'
 > > instead of moving them to py3.  pep8 job is enough for Specs repo.
 >
 > Are you sure? I believe some specs repos are using unit tests to
 > validate that all of the sections of the spec are included (among other
 > things)[0]. I don't think the pep8 job will cover those.

pep8 job keep running the unit tests for many of them via explicit pep8 tox to run the unit tests[1] or
not defining the env itself. I can move them to py3 job to be explicitly readable.

But for few spec repo like keystone-specs pep8 would not cover the unit tests as pep8 is defined there as
pep8 checks only. I will move py2 jobs to py3 job there. Thanks for monitor those.

[1] https://opendev.org/openstack/nova-specs/src/commit/36b1b7fbf52360c5e7e335c78a3a8e0da8d2cf38/tox.ini

-gmann