[all] Which will be the first OpenStack release to require Python 3 ?

Graham Hayes gr at ham.ie
Mon Dec 16 15:51:34 UTC 2019

On 16/12/2019 15:42, Neil Jerram wrote:
> I think the answer is Ussuri (and hence that Train can still be run with
> Python 2), but have not been able to find a clear statement of this,
> hence asking here.
>
> (Suggest also updating https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Python3
> <https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Python3> with the answer.)
>
> Thanks,
>     Neil

Yeap, we should update the wiki page, I will do that today.

We have a resolution [1] and the Project Testing Interface pages that
indicate what we test for each release [2] that indicates that from
Ussuri projects are not required to test python2, but I know at least
Swift will continue to support python2.7 post Ussuri.

- Graham

1 -
https://governance.openstack.org/tc/resolutions/20180529-python2-deprecation-timeline.html
2-