Finding configuration values

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 00:41:14 UTC 2019

On 12/12/2019 5:09 PM, Albert Braden wrote:
> Is this the correct place to add something like 'If your neutron-metadata-agent.log is full of "error: [Errno 32] Broken pipe" then increase this setting' ?
>
> I'd be happy to help update the docs but I'm not sure how to get started. Opening document bugs doesn't seem to result in any change; if I could figure out how to submit changes myself that might be more helpful. How can I register as a document change submitter?

I'm not sure if that troubleshooting type information should go into the
config option help itself, likely a better place is a troubleshooting
doc, like what nova has here [1]. I'm not sure if neutron has something
similar in their docs.

The actual config options in neutron are under neutron/conf/ so in this
case [2].

As for how to get started with contributing, this is where you would get
started with contributing to OpenStack in general [3]. That has the ICLA
and foundation account stuff you'd need for Gerrit.

This doc is about contributing to neutron specifically [4] (again each
project should have a standard docs url like <project>/latest/contributor/).

[1] https://docs.openstack.org/nova/latest/admin/support-compute.html
[2]
https://github.com/openstack/neutron/blob/7fbba811edec6093df07f615358e90c8acac68a5/neutron/conf/service.py#L31
[3] https://docs.openstack.org/infra/manual/developers.html