Work around for bug 1851516: grub2-mkconfig with ARM ?

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Tue Dec 10 20:14:46 UTC 2019

On Tue, Dec 10, 2019, at 10:25 AM, Darrin Vallis wrote:

> Hello
>

> We are using diskimage-builder to generate an ARM UEFI ISO for the
> Akraino REC blueprint. We have exactly the same problem documented here:
>

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/diskimage-builder/+bug/1851516
>

> When our script uses grub2-mkconfig, grub.cfg is not relocated as shown
>

> grub2-mkconfig -0 /boot/efi/EFI/centos/grub.cfg
>

> The image is built with /boot/grub2/grub.cfg instead.
>

> Any thoughts on a work around for this?

Are you able to share the element list that is being used to produce the image? Also, it would be helpful if you can share the build logs as well.

Quickly looking at DIB's code I think the path you don't want may be hardcoded by the bootloader element [0]. Are you running grub2-mkconfig outside of this element? If so it will need to run in the finalise stage with a prefix that sorts after 50.

Other idea: We know this generally works on Debian and Ubuntu because our CI system builds UEFI arm64 images for Debian and Ubuntu and boots them to run tests. This could be a behavior difference on CentOS we need to track down.

[0] https://opendev.org/openstack/diskimage-builder/src/branch/master/diskimage_builder/elements/bootloader/finalise.d/50-bootloader#L161-L209