[all] OpenStack V Release Naming Poll

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Mon Dec 9 13:57:20 UTC 2019

> > FWIW this seems reasonable to me now, I have a hunch that if someone
> > is not happy about their favorite name being removed it may not matter
> > if it occurs before or after voting...
>
> Speaking from experience, it does matter: they are usually more pissed
> if their favorite name wins the vote *and* gets removed.

My take was we had the opposite experience the last time around. There were more people upset about the pre-filtering that happened.

I think really, no one is going to be happy if the name they like best is removed, whether before or after. I'm hoping we have a clear enough preference here that that doesn't become an issue.