[External] Re: openstack volume snapshots and deleting

Mattia Belluco mattia.belluco at uzh.ch
Fri Dec 6 16:58:27 UTC 2019

To avoid endless COW chains you could also set:

rbd_flatten_volume_from_snapshot = True

in your cinder.conf.

Of course you have to be fine with all volumes created from snapshots to
be flattened: depending on the size the volume creation process can
require a sizable amount of time.

Best,
Mattia

--
Mattia Belluco
S3IT Services and Support for Science IT