email alert settings are not applied (ask.openstack.org)

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Dec 6 13:46:57 UTC 2019

Eugen Block wrote:
> I'm not really sure if this is the right place to ask but I'll try it
> anyway. I'm regularly checking ask.openstack.org for interesting
> questions and sometimes I comment and respond. In my profile I
> configured instant email notification if someone comments or responds to
> my questions/comments. But this has never worked properly, I think this
> worked just once two or three years ago, never again. The only setting
> that seems to work is the weekly notification about new questions. Can
> anyone comment on this? Should I try to change the email address and see
> if that works?

Hi Eugen!

You're right, there is some issue in our ask.o.o notifications that
renders them useless. Ask.o.o is in a sad state right now due to lack of
maintenance and interest in our community. This has prompted several
discussions on the openstack-infra list in the past about dropping it,
but so far no definitive action...

Pointer to last discussion there:

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-infra/2019-November/006503.html

--