[release] Release countdown for week R-22

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Thu Dec 5 18:03:55 UTC 2019

Development Focus
-----------------

The Ussuri-1 milestone is next week, on December 12! Project team plans for the
Ussuri cycle should now be solidified.

General Information
-------------------

If you planned to change the release model for any of your deliverables this
cycle, please remember to do so ASAP, before milestone-1.

Libraries need to be released at least once per milestone period. Next week,
the release team will propose releases for any library which had changes but
has not been otherwise released since the Train release. PTL's or release
liaisons, please watch for these and give a +1 to acknowledge them. If there is
some reason to hold off on a release, let us know that as well, by posting a
-1. If we do not hear anything at all by the end of the week, we will assume
things are OK to proceed.

NB: If one of your libraries is still releasing 0.x versions, start thinking
about when it will be appropriate to do a 1.0 version. The version number does
signal the state, real or perceived, of the library, so we strongly encourage
going to a full major version once things are in a good and usable state.

Upcoming Deadlines & Dates