DHCP timeout when creating instances for specific tenants

Grant Morley grant at civo.com
Thu Dec 5 11:38:36 UTC 2019

Hi all,

It looks like the issue was actually with the Ubuntu image for both
16.04 and 18.04. We changed the dhcp timeout in
"/etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf" from 300 seconds down to 2 seconds and the
instances then worked absolutely fine. Not sure why it was only
happening for some tenants and not others but that has resolved it.

I am still going to look into the metadata service as the fix doesn't
feel right to me still.

Thanks again for all your help.

Grant