Swedish University Engagement Program

Kendall Nelson kennelson11 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 03:18:49 UTC 2019

Hello Everyone!

During the PTG, I talked to Kim Hindhart (along with Ildiko Vancsa, Sean
McGinnis, and Victoria Martinez de la Cruz) about a program he was working
on with several universities in Sweden (Blekinge Institute of
Technology, Uppsala
University, and KTH Royal Institute of Technology) to get students involved
in open source, specifically involved in OpenStack. While this program is
still getting off the ground, with its first round to start in this coming
February with students working on Horizon (led by Kim), we are hoping to
collect work for the second round that will be more student driven.

The only disclaimer is that items suggested might not get picked up until
the fall semester in September.

I am collecting low-hanging-fruit here on this etherpad[1].Hopefully you
have a lot of things tagged as such on Launchpad/StoryBoard already and can
easily add those links to the etherpad.

Can't wait to see what we can come up with!

-Kendall (diablo_rojo)

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/swedish-university-program-work