DHCP timeout when creating instances for specific tenants

Grant Morley grant at civo.com
Wed Dec 4 18:50:27 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help shed any light on an odd issue we are seeing
with only a couple of specific tenants. Basically if they launch an
instance they are taking about 5 minutes to launch rather than our usual
30 second or so launch.

We are seeing the following on the instance logs:

https://pastebin.com/hDstsd8G

Weirdly it only seems to be happening for 1 or 2 new tenants. I have
tested this on our personal account and a few other customers have
tested and their instances launch really quickly as expected.

Is there anything specific during the tenant creation that can cause
this issue? Or are there any logs in nova / neutron I should be looking
out for that might shed some light?

I haven't seen anything that is obvious. Any help would be much
appreciated as we are a little stumped at the moment.

Many thanks,
--

Grant Morley
Cloud Lead, Civo Ltd