[cinder][ops][extended-maintenance-sig][public-cloud-sig][enterprise-wg] Cinder to EOL some branches

Brian Rosmaita rosmaita.fossdev at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 15:40:43 UTC 2019

The tl;dr is that we won't EOL anything until Monday 9 December at the
earliest; see below for details.

On 12/3/19 10:00 AM, Elõd Illés wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> Thanks in advance for proposing in Cinder meeting to wait to EOL Pike
> and Ocata.
>
> So far I have been looking after stable/* branches.

There seemed to be consensus at today's meeting that we could keep
stable/ocata and stable/pike in EM mode, which would be consistent with
other openstack projects.

> I had a quick check and it seems that the CI on driverfixes/* branches
> are not in a good shape for some time. Those branches:
>
> - don't have periodic jobs, so we can't see how long they are in this
> faulty state
> - the test jobs are very limited
> - as I see there aren't really arriving patches lately (actually one
> arrived in newton ~2 months ago)
>
> I can try to search for solutions there to fix the gate, but maybe the
> activity there is less than ocata and pike and if there aren't others
> who are interested in driverfixes/* branches then maybe those reached
> the state to move them to EOL.

I agree with your analysis of the state of the driverfixes branches.
Would you be interested in getting driverfixes/newton in working order,
or are you only interested in us keeping stable/o and /p open?

To be clear, the current idea is:
- EOL driverfixes/mitaka and driverfixes/newton
- leave stable/ocata and stable/pike in EM mode