[mitaka][keystone] Authentication over keycloak server possible?

Nikolla, Kristi knikolla at bu.edu
Mon Dec 2 15:26:48 UTC 2019

Hi Michael,

It is possible to use Keycloak as an identity provider and federate over SAML 2.0 or OpenID Connect. Please see this documentation for more details https://docs.openstack.org/keystone/latest/admin/federation/configure_federation.html#keystone-as-a-service-provider-sp

There are a few improvements in later versions with regards to federation, so I would advise upgrading if possible. Most importantly, Mitaka has been End Of Life, and hence unsupported since 2017-04-10. But outside of that, you’re good to go.

Best,
Kristi