[cinder] Anastasiya accepted for Outreachy

Brian Rosmaita rosmaita.fossdev at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 13:18:12 UTC 2019

On 11/27/19 12:02 PM, Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
>   ---- On Tue, 26 Nov 2019 16:10:30 -0600 Sean McGinnis <sean.mcginnis at gmx.com> wrote ----
>   > On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 02:49:04PM -0500, Brian Rosmaita wrote:
>   > > On 11/26/19 12:45 PM, Sofia Enriquez wrote:
>   > > > Hi Cinder team,
>   > > >
>   > > > I'd like to announce that Anastasiya will be working with us improving
>   > > > the Tempest coverage this round. The internship schedule starts on Dec.
>   > > > 3, 2019, to March 3, 2020. Feel free to reach her on IRC /as anastzhyr/
>   > > > if something comes up.
>   > >
>   > > Congratulations, Anastasiya!  Improving tempest coverage is one of our
>   > > priorities for Ussuri, so I'm really glad you'll be working on this topic.
>   > >
>   > > Also, special thanks to you, Sofi, for acting as Anastasiya's mentor.
>   > >
>   >
>   > Totally agree! Welcome Anastasiya and thank you Sofi!
>
> Thanks. One question on the scope of Tempest test coverage. Is it for overall Tempest coverage for all projects or just Cinder Tempest tests?

Our plan is to improve the tests in the cinder-tempest-plugin so that we
can test some advanced scenarios more thoroughly.  We'd certainly
welcome reviews from the QA team to make sure that the code that lands
meets tempest standards and could be incorporated easily into the main
tempest suite if appropriate, but our plan is to selfishly have
Anastasiya focus on Cinder during her internship.

cheers,
brian