[qa][ptl][election] Quality Assurance PTL Candidacy for Ussuri

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Sat Aug 31 19:51:50 UTC 2019

Hi Everyone,

I would like to announce my candidacy for Quality Assurance PTL role for
Ussuri cycle.

It was a great experience while serving QA PTL for the last three cycles. With very
few active contributions,  I am proud on the team to keep the QA tooling up and maintained.
Making sure no gate break and keep the OpenStack stability as a priority.

In Train Cycle, we concentrate on a few key things like improving the gate stability
which was tried with breaking the integrate-gate project template into project-specific
template[1]. Migrating all the OpenStack CI/CD from Xenial to Bionic etc.

We have few more planned work still pending for Train like keystone's system scope testing,
making sanity job voting, documenting the QA process etc but I think we will be able to make
it in Train as we still have around a month to release Train.

Along with daily QA activities, my priority for QA in the next cycle will be:

- Release Patrole stable version and find out the way to make it faster so that
it can test the API policy on project gate also.

- New ideas for more tooling or tests project to focus on OpenStack or Common communities.

- Finish the grenade job to zuulv3 which is not yet merged.

- Stability of Tempest plugins. There are many tempest plugins which are not so stable. We will
plan audit activities for all plugins. I know using Tempest service registry and setting service_availabilty
properly is the key things to do on the Plugins side.

- Finish the JSON strict validation for volume services. Zhufl has lot of patches to review on this. This
will be on priority to finish in the next cycle.

- Guiding and motivating more contributors to QA projects.

Thanks for reading and consideration my candidacy for Ussuri cycle.

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-July/007568.html

-gmann