[ptl][cinder] U Cycle PTL Non-Candidacy ...

Jay Bryant jungleboyj at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 22:25:36 UTC 2019

All,

I just wanted to communicate that I am not going to be running for
another term as Cinder's PTL.

It has been an honor to lead the Cinder team for the last two years.
When I started working with OpenStack nearly 6 years ago, leading the
Cinder team was one of my goals and I appreciate the team trusting me
with this responsibility for the last 4 cycles.

I have enjoyed watching the project evolve over the last couple of
years, going from a focus on getting new features in place to a focus on
ensuring that customers get reliable storage management with an ever
improving user experience.

Cinder's value in the storage community outside of OpenStack has been
validated as other SDS solutions have leveraged it to provide storage
management for the many vendors that Cinder supports. Cinder continues
to grow by adding things like cinderlib, making it relevant not only in
virtualized environments but also for containerized environments.  I am
glad that I have been able to help this evolution happen.

As PTLs have done in the past, it is time for me to pursue other
opportunities in the OpenStack ecosystem and hand over the reigns to a
new leader.  Cinder has a great team and will continue to do great
things.  Fear not, I am not going to go anywhere, I plan to continue to
stay active in Cinder for the foreseeable future.

Again, thank you for the opportunity to be Cinder's PTL, it has been a
great ride!

Sincerely,

Jay Bryant

(irc: jungleboyj)