[openstack-dev][magnum] Using Fedora Atomic 29 for k8s cluster

Mohammed Naser mnaser at vexxhost.com
Fri Aug 30 15:51:04 UTC 2019

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 5:02 AM Jakub Slíva <jakub.sliva at ultimum.io> wrote:

> pá 23. 8. 2019 v 20:59 odesílatel <feilong at catalyst.net.nz> napsal:
>>
>> On 2019-08-24 02:58, Mohammed Naser wrote:

>> > Neat!  I think it's important for us to get off Fedora Atomic given
>> > that RedHat seems to be ending it soon.  Is the plan to move towards
>> > Fedora CoreOS 30 or has there been consideration of using something
>> > like an Ubuntu-base (and leveraging something like kubeadm+ansible to
>> > drive the deployment?)-
>> >

>> Personally, I would like we can stay at Fedora Atomic/CoreOS since
>> Magnum has already been benefited from the container-based readonly
>> operating system. But we did have the discussion about using
>> kubeadm+ansible, however, as you can see, it's a quite big refactoring,
>> I'm not sure if we can get it done with current limited resources.
>>

> According to some notes from Magnum Train PTG meeting there is plan to move all drivers out of tree. Despite there is no time schedule for that we started to work on Ubuntu K8s driver which is completely independent to openstack/magnum project and which is based on kubeadm, Heat SW Deployments and external Openstack cloud provider. So we do not think there is much refactoring needed. At the moment it is under heavy development, however, at some point we plan to open the source and we will certainly appreciate any help.

Let's share efforts!

https://review.opendev.org/#/c/678309/

This driver can get you a full deployment but the only thing missing
(which shouldn't be much more) is using Magnum CA support.  There is a
document in that patch that you can try to use DevStack with!

Thanks
Mohammed

--
Mohammed Naser — vexxhost