[neutron][qa] Databases used on CI jobs

Slawek Kaplonski skaplons at redhat.com
Fri Aug 30 08:07:14 UTC 2019

Hi,

Recently in Neutron we merged patch [1] which caused error in Kolla-ansible [2].
It seems that issue happens on mariadb 10.1 which is used in broken Kolla-ansible job so I started checking what database is used on Neutron’s jobs as we didn’t found any issue with this patch. And it seems that in all scenario/api jobs we have installed mysql 5.7 - see [3] for example.

And the question is - should we maybe switch somehow to Mariadb instead of Mysql? Should it be done globally or maybe it’s only “issue” in Neutron’s CI jobs?
Or maybe we should have jobs with both Mariadb and Mysql databases?

[1] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/677221
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/kolla-ansible/+bug/1841907
[3] https://2f275f27875ae066d2b6-00a9605a715176e6bd23401c23e881d7.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/650846/24/check/tempest-integrated-networking/3fffbd5/controller/logs/dpkg-l.txt.gz

—