[tc] Gradually reduce TC to 11 members over 2020

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Aug 27 15:57:42 UTC 2019

On 2019-08-27 11:25:32 -0400 (-0400), Zane Bitter wrote:
[...]
> * Start now when 4 people have announced they're stepping down
[...]

With my election official hat on, this is rather short notice. We've
announced the number of seats up for election and nominations start
at the (UTC) end of today. While I agree reducing the size of the TC
sounds worthwhile, realistically I think we need to announce at the
start of the new term that it's the plan for the following cycle's
election.

With my (soon to be former, at least for a cycle) TC member hat on,
I suggest that we hold this election as planned but circulate the
suggestion of electing fewer seats in coming cycles. Then once the
new TC has been confirmed let them decide whether that should be the
plan as soon into the new term as possible, and announce that
decision so the community will be prepared for it in the next
election.
--
Jeremy Stanley