[tc] Gradually reduce TC to 11 members over 2020

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Aug 27 12:16:55 UTC 2019

Jim Rollenhagen wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 6:30 AM Chris Dent <cdent+os at anticdent.org
> <mailto:cdent%2Bos at anticdent.org>> wrote:
>
>     On Tue, 27 Aug 2019, Thierry Carrez wrote:
>
>      > Thoughts?
>
>     Good idea, but I'd argue that 11 is still too many. 7 or 5 might be
>     a better target. Getting there might be complicated but I think it
>     would be useful by providing an opportunity to winnow the focus of
>     the TC to what matters (whatever we might decide that is).
>
> +1. I would vote for a reduction to 11, but I would like to see it smaller.

Yes, I thought about that. But if we reduce too fast, we might have too
many incumbents going for reelection over a smaller amount of slots...
and I wanted to make sure that we preserved opportunities for new blood
to join, even during that transition.

Maybe 9 is a better sweet spot, though. Or we could just continue the
gradual reduction over the next years.

--
Thierry