答复: [lists.openstack.org代发]Re: [all[ Please Do Not Translate Etherpads ...

Brin Zhang(张百林) zhangbailin at inspur.com
Tue Aug 27 00:16:21 UTC 2019

> For those that do want to translate, I suggest simply copying the content to a new etherpad with the
> same name but whatever locale suffix, e.g. https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-ptg-queens-zh-CN.

The released version can be set to read-only. Once the version is released,
the content on the etherpad should remain the same. If need to translate
and view it, you can create another etherpad yourself, copy the original
content once and edit it. I know that there are still a lot of translation
tools available, google translation, youdao dictionary... etc.

On Mon, 2019-08-26 at 17:51 +0100, Sean Mooney wrote:
> On Mon, 2019-08-26 at 11:34 -0500, Matt Riedemann wrote:
> > On 8/26/2019 11:27 AM, Jay Bryant wrote:
> > > All,
> > >
> > > Not sure how else to address this, but we have had Cinder's
> > > etherpads repeatedly converted into Japanese recently.
> > >
> > > Want to make a public plea here to please be careful with
> > > translation tools and ensure that you aren't changing the etherpads in
the process.
> > > Rebuilding the content to its previous state is tedious.
> > >
> > > Thank you!
> > >
> > > Jay
> > >
> > > (irc: jungleboyj)
> > >

> > Oh hi:
> >
> > https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-ptg-queens
>
> ya that happend a few days after teh ptg i believe but the
> untranslated form used to be in the histroy however i cant seam to get
> that to work anymore. maybe we purged the history since then?
> actully it does work
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-ptg-queens/timeslider#31857
> i just took etherpath a really long time to start retriving the history and
> rerender

Thanks rerender it.