[all[ Please Do Not Translate Etherpads ...

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Aug 26 16:44:03 UTC 2019

On 2019-08-26 11:27:40 -0500 (-0500), Jay Bryant wrote:
> Not sure how else to address this, but we have had Cinder's
> etherpads repeatedly converted into Japanese recently.
>
> Want to make a public plea here to please be careful with
> translation tools and ensure that you aren't changing the
> etherpads in the process.  Rebuilding the content to its previous
> state is tedious.

Yes, while I doubt pleas in here will reach the right audience, it
can't hurt to try and maybe word of this problem will eventually get
around. Also, we could remind folks that the "</>" button near the
top-right corner allows you to get a read-only URL by clicking the
"Read only" checkbox. Etherpad won't let you modify the content on
those, and so they should be a much safer option for folks who do
want to use whatever translation tool is currently replacing content
in our read-write pads.
--
Jeremy Stanley