[tc][elections] Not running for reelection to TC this term

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Aug 26 13:19:38 UTC 2019

I've been on the OpenStack Technical Committee continuously for
several years, and would like to take this opportunity to thank
everyone in the community for their support and for the honor of
being chosen to represent you. I plan to continue participating in
the community, including in TC-led activities, but am stepping back
from reelection this round for a couple of reasons.

First, I want to provide others with an opportunity to serve our
community on the TC. I hope that by standing aside for now, others
will be encouraged to run. A regular influx of fresh opinions helps
us maintain the requisite level of diversity to engage in productive
debate.

Second, the scheduling circumstances for this election, with the TC
and PTL activities combined, will be a bit more complicated for our
election officials. I'd prefer to stay engaged in officiating so
that we can ensure it goes as smoothly for everyone a possible. To
do this without risking a conflict of interest, I need to not be
running for office.

It's quite possible I'll run again in 6 months, but for now I'm
planning to help behind the scenes instead. Best of luck to all who
decide to run for election to any of our leadership roles!
--
Jeremy Stanley