[Telemetry][PTL]Lingxian Kong & Zhu Rong as co-PTLs for U release

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Mon Aug 26 07:06:14 UTC 2019

---- On Mon, 26 Aug 2019 13:35:48 +0900 Trinh Nguyen <dangtrinhnt at gmail.com> wrote ----
 > Hi team,
 >
 > As the PTL election period is coming up. I would like to discuss the PTL role for Telemetry in the U cycle. As I changed job recently, I don't think I have enough time budget for the 2 projects (Searchlight and Telemetry) so I talked to Lingxinan Kong (lxkong) and Zhu Rong (zhurong) and they agreed to share the responsibility as co-PTLs for Telemetry for next release.
 > lxkong and zhurong has been very actively contributing to Telemetry in Train and being very helpful as core-reviewers. So I would like to endorse and nominate the two as co-PTLs for Telemetry for the U release.
 > Though I will not be the PTL for Telemetry in the next cycle, I will still be around helping when needed.
 > The next step for lxkong and zhurong is submitting a patchset nominating for the PTLs.

Thanks Trinh for your all help and hard work to keep Telemetry alive. It is not easy to be two project PTL and you are exceptional (also lxkong :)).

Let me clarify co-PTLs things more. There is no official TC process for co-PTLs things. It is only single PTL for each project until now[1].

But yes, any PTL can delegate or divide the  PTL activities or assign another short term PTL while on vacation etc. or during PTL transition planning,
future PTL candidate can work closely with current PTL. Doing PTL activities in those scenarios can be considered as co-PTLs. PTL can update about co-PTLs or proxy PTL to the community over ML or project docs/wiki etc.

 > The next step for lxkong and zhurong is submitting a patchset nominating for the PTLs.
If there are more than two PTL candidates for the same project then, the election will happen to choose the PTL.  As there is no official way on TC to
nominate the co-PTL along with PTL, it can be done via ML only. But if you mean to say 2 PTL candidates and election will choose the final PTL then, both candidate nominations sounds perfect.

[1] https://opendev.org/openstack/governance/src/commit/92e1342e290600b2965e3014699d774afc3efe9b/reference/projects.yaml

-gmann