[horizon] Horizon's openstack_auth is completely broken with Django 2.2, breaking all the dashboad stack in Debian Sid/Bullseye

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Mon Aug 26 06:58:16 UTC 2019

On 8/26/19 4:46 AM, Adrian Turjak wrote:
> Hey Thomas,
>
> I'm not really a Horizon core dev, but have assisted in Django version
> migrations in the past, plus have a little experience with the
> openstack_auth code (and need to do some openstack_auth changes soon
> anyway).
>
> I'll see how my workload is, and maybe try and work on some fixes for
> this, but at the very least would be happy to review or help with this work.
>
> I think the rush to upgrade to Django 2.2 has been put off until the
> next release since 1.11 is still an active LTS, but in truth it looks
> like it will stop being the LTS before the next cycle... which makes 2.2
> kind of urgent.
>
> Let's see about getting this sorted!
>
> Cheers,
> Adrian

Hi Adrian,

Thanks if you can commit a bit of time on this.

FYI, even in Django 1.11, the login() function was deprecated, and
Django 2.2 was in Debian Experimental since last January. So this is
really an overdue issue.

Feel free to ping me on IRC if you want to work on this with me (I'm
zigo on both OFTC and freenode).

Thomas Goirand (zigo)