[all] [tc] [osc] [glance] [train] [ptls] Legacy client CLI to OSC review 639376

Graham Hayes gr at ham.ie
Fri Aug 23 14:59:25 UTC 2019

On 23/08/2019 15:36, Jay Bryant wrote:
> <snip from Alex's original note>
>> 3. I recommend the pop-up team include Erno Kuvaja or a representative
>> from the Glance team and including Matt Reidemann (who has been working
>> to close the compute API gaps).
>
> </snip>
>
> Alex
>
> Myself or someone from the Cinder team should be involved as well as we
> have concerns/challenges with removing python-cinderclient. We have been
> trying to get OSC to parity with the cinderclient CLI but have not been
> able to get all the way there.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jay

From what I have heard, some of the problems with relying on OSC was
reliance on a central (OSC) team for implementation and reviews.

Would moving tools like cinder or glance to OSC plugins help solve
some of these concerns? This would allow the teams to control the CLI
destiny, and even allow teams to add features to team CLIs and OSC
simultaneously, while (or if) we transition to OSC.