[tc] Naming releases after people

Jeremy Freudberg jeremyfreudberg at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 15:49:50 UTC 2019

Hi,

There is currently ongoing discussion about a new process for
selecting release names. I would like to draw attention to one
proposal in particular: "Name releases after ATCs" [0]. This is
currently the only proposal which explicitly prefers names 'telling
the story of OpenStack' like the current process based on the location
of the summit does. For this reason I personally favor this proposal
above all others currently proposed.

There are some areas of the proposal to smooth out (and I mention
these areas on the review), but I before I proceed, I would like to
gather feedback from the community about the mere idea of naming
releases after people. If such an idea strikes you one way or the
other, please leave a comment on the review; I'd appreciate it
greatly.

Thanks,
Jeremy

[0] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/677827/