[neutron] Bug Deputy Report August 12 - August 19

Ryan Tidwell ryan at 6tidwells.com
Mon Aug 19 16:45:04 UTC 2019

Hello Neutron Team,

Here is my bug deputy report for August 12 - August 19:

Medium:
-[OVS agent] Physical bridges can't be initialized if there is no
connectivity to rabbitmq
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1840443
  The fix for this has been merged and a number of backports have merged as
well. It appears to have been handled by the team.

- excessive number of dvrs where vm got a fixed ip on floating network
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1840579
  https://review.opendev.org/#/c/677092/ has been proposed and is being
worked on. This appears to be related to how we determine whether to
instantiate a DVR local router on a compute node. It looks like there is a
case where we create a local router when it's not necessary, thereby
consuming too many IP's on the floating IP network at scale.

Undecided:
- network/subnet resources cannot be read and written separated
 https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1840638
 https://review.opendev.org/#/c/677166/ has been proposed. This was just
reported just a few hours ago and still needs some triage to confirm
severity of the issue.

RFE's:

- [RFE] Add new config option to enable IGMP snooping in ovs
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1840136

Regards,

Ryan Tidwell