[glance] worker, thread, taskflow interplay

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Thu Aug 15 17:45:43 UTC 2019

On 8/15/19 2:55 AM, Gregory Orange wrote:
> We are trying to figure out how these two settings interplay in:
>
> [DEFAULT]/workers
> [taskflow_executor]/max_workers

This depends on the executor being used. There are both thread and
process executors, so it will either affect the number of threads or
processes started.

> [oslo_messaging_zmq]/rpc_thread_pool_size

This is a zeromq-specific config opt that has been removed from recent
versions of oslo.messaging (along with the zeromq driver).

More generally, the thread_pool options in oslo.messaging will affect
how many threads are created to handle messages. I believe that would be
per-process, not per-service (but someone correct me if I'm wrong).