creating instances, haproxy eats CPU, glance eats RAM

Ruslanas Gžibovskis ruslanas at lpic.lt
Thu Aug 15 08:00:43 UTC 2019

I am bad at containers, just starting to learn them, not sure how they are
limited.

So you are using local hard drives. I guess it is one of the points for
slow down, somehow.  I ask my developers to use heat to create more than 1
instance/resource.
Try checking CEPH speed. I think CEPH has the option to send "created"
callback after 1 copy created/written to HDD, and then finish duplicating
or tripling data in the background, what makes CEPH data not so reliable
but MUUUCH faster. Need to google for that, I do not remember it.

sorry, yes my fault, not domiflist but domblklist:
virsh domblklist instance-00000##

Generally, I have the same issue as you have, but on older version of
OpenStack (Mitaka, Mirantis implementation).
I have difficulties when I have an instance, which is using CEPH based
volume and sharing it over NFS in the instance1 in compute1 to another
instance2 in another compute2. I receive around 13KB/s, if I reshare it on
root drive, I get around 30KB/s still too low.

--
Ruslanas Gžibovskis
+370 6030 7030