[all][tc] U Cycle Naming Poll

Rico Lin rico.lin.guanyu at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 17:45:06 UTC 2019

After discussion in this ML and in irc [1], I will finalize the U release
name candidate list [2] and will go forward to create a public poll
at 2019-08-12.
Here is finalized name list from etherpad:

   - 乌苏里江 Ussuri https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ussuri_River (the name is
   shared among Mongolian/Manchu/Russian; this is a common Latin-alphabet
   transcription of the name)
   - 乌兰察布市 Ulanqab https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulanqab (the name is in
   Mongolian; this is a common Latin-alphabet transcription of the name)
   - 乌兰浩特市 Ulanhot https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulanhot (the name is in
   Mongolian; this is a common Latin-alphabet transcription of the name)
   - 乌兰苏海组 Ulansu (Ulansu sea) (the name is in Mongolian)
   - 乌拉特中旗 Urad https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urad_Middle_Banner (the name
   is in Mongolian; this is a common Latin-alphabet transcription of the name)
   - 东/西乌珠穆沁旗 Ujimqin https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ujimqin (the name is in
   Mongolian; this is a common Latin-alphabet transcription of the name)
   - Ula "Miocene Baogeda Ula" (the name is in Mongolian)
   - Uma http://www.fallingrain.com/world/CH/20/Uma.html

So thanks to all who help with propose names, provide solutions or join
discussions. And big thanks for Doug who put a significant amount of effort
on this.

[1]
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-tc/%23openstack-tc.2019-08-08.log.html#t2019-08-08T14:59:01
[2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/u-name-poll-email