[all][tc] U Cycle Naming Poll

James E. Blair corvus at inaugust.com
Wed Aug 7 14:30:00 UTC 2019

Rico Lin <rico.lin.guanyu at gmail.com> writes:

> On Wed, Aug 7, 2019 at 9:41 AM James E. Blair <corvus at inaugust.com> wrote:
>
>> I had previously added an entry to the suggestions wiki page, but I did
>> not see it in this email:
>>
>> * University
>>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_universities_and_colleges_in_Shanghai
>>   (Shanghai is famous for its universities)
>>
>> To pick one at random, the "University of Shanghai for Science and
>> Technology" is a place in Shanghai; I think that meets the requirement
>> for "physical or human geography".
>>
>> It's a point of pride that Shanghai has so many renowned universities,
>> so I think it's a good choice and one well worth considering.
>>
> Just added it in https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Release_Naming/U_Proposals
> Will make sure TCs evaluate on this one when evaluating names that do not
> meet the criteria
> Thanks for the idea

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I had already added it to the wiki page more
than a week ago -- you can still see my entry there at the bottom of the
list of names that do meet the criteria.  Here's the diff:

  https://wiki.openstack.org/w/index.php?title=Release_Naming%2FU_Proposals&type=revision&diff=171231&oldid=171132

Also, I do think this meets the criteria, since there is a place in
Shanghai with "University" in the name.  This is similar to "Pike" which
is short for the "Massachusetts Turnpike", which was deemed to meet the
criteria for the P naming poll.

Of course, as the coordinator it's up to you to determine whether it
meets the criteria, but I believe it does, and hope you agree.

Thanks,

Jim