[qa][openstackclient] Debugging devstack slowness

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Aug 6 16:16:01 UTC 2019

On 2019-08-06 08:49:17 -0700 (-0700), Clark Boylan wrote:
[...]
> One of the things I found was that using names with osc results in
> name to id lookups as well. We can avoid these entirely if we
> remember name to id mappings instead (which my POC does). Any idea
> if your osc as a service tool does or can do that? Probably have
> to be more careful for scoping things in a tool like that as it
> may be reused by people with name collisions across
> projects/users/groups/domains.
[...]

Out of curiosity, could OSC/SDK cache those relationships so they're
only looked up once (or at least infrequently)? I guess there are
cache invalidation concerns if an entity is deleted and another
created out-of-band using the same name, but if it's all done
through the same persistent daemon then that's less of a risk right?
--
Jeremy Stanley