[all][tc] U Cycle Naming Poll

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Aug 6 09:12:19 UTC 2019

Zane Bitter wrote:
> [...]
> So to be clear, I expect the TC to get a vote on whether any names not
> meeting the criteria are added to the poll, and I am personally inclined
> to vote -1.

That sounds fair. We can do a quick vote at the TC meeting this week (or
earlier on the channel). For me, only two names feel
sufficently-compelling: the above-mentioned 'Urban' (Shanghai is
definitely urban), and 'Unicorn' to celebrate how difficult it was to
find a name this time around.

That said I'd only support addition of 'urban'... Because 'unicorn'
would likely win if added, passing on the opportunity to get a name that
is more representative of China.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)