[tc][uc][all] Starting goal selection for U series

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Tue Aug 6 05:13:32 UTC 2019

Hello everyone,

We are in R10 week of Train cycle and not so far from the start of U cycle. It's time to start the
discussions about community-wide goals ideas for the U series.

We are little late to start this thread for U series which usually happened during
Summit Forum. But it is not mandatory to wait for f2f meetup to kick off the goal
discussions, we can always start the same via ML or ad-hoc meetings.

During Shanghai Summit Forum, we will be having the f2f discussion for U (continue the
discussion from ML threads) as well as V cycle goals ideas.

Community-wide goals are important in term of solving and improving a technical
area across OpenStack as a whole. It has lot more benefits to be considered from
users as well from a developers perspective. See [1] for more details about
community-wide goals and process.

Also, you can refer to the backlogs of community-wide goals from this[2] and train
cycle goals[3].

If you are interested in proposing a goal, please write down the idea on this etherpad[4]
- https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/PVG-u-series-goals

Accordingly, we will start the separate ML discussion over each goal idea.

[1] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/goals/index.html
[2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/community-goals
[3] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/BER-t-series-goals
[4] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/PVG-u-series-goals