[all][tc] U Cycle Naming Poll

Zane Bitter zbitter at redhat.com
Tue Aug 6 02:52:36 UTC 2019

On 5/08/19 3:32 PM, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> Unicorn
> Urban
> Unique
> Umpire
> Utopia
> umbrella
> ultimate

These names are the ones that don't meet the criteria, which should mean
that by default they're not included in the poll. The TC has the
discretion to include one or more of them if we think they're
exceptionally good.

Candidly, I don't think any of them are. None of them, with the
questionable exception of 'Urban', have any relation to Shanghai that I
am aware of. And there's no shortage of decent local names on the list,
even after applying questionable criteria on which sorts of words
beginning with W in the Pinyin system are acceptable to use other
transliterations on.

So to be clear, I expect the TC to get a vote on whether any names not
meeting the criteria are added to the poll, and I am personally inclined
to vote -1.

- ZB