creating instances, haproxy eats CPU, glance eats RAM

Ruslanas Gžibovskis ruslanas at lpic.lt
Thu Aug 1 07:57:39 UTC 2019

when in newton release were introduced role separation, we divided memory
hungry processes into 4 different VM's on 3 physical boxes:
1) Networker: all Neutron agent processes (network throughput)
2) Systemd: all services started by systemd (Neutron)
3) pcs: all services controlled by pcs (Galera + RabbitMQ)
4) horizon

not sure how to do now, I think I will go for VMs again and those VMs will
include containers. It is easier to recover and rebuild the whole OpenStack.

Gregory > do you have local storage for swift and cinder background?
if local; then
  do you use RAID?
  if yes; then which RAID?; fi
  do you use ssd?
  do you use CEPH as background for cinder and swift?
fi

also double check where _base image is located? is it in
/var/lib/nova/instances/_base/* ? and flavor disks stored in
/var/lib/nova/instances ? (can check on compute by: virsh domiflist
instance-00000## )

--
Ruslanas Gžibovskis
+370 6030 7030