[goals][upgrade-checkers] Retrospective

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 15:05:54 UTC 2019

On 4/26/2019 3:59 AM, Mark Goddard wrote:
> I was thinking you might be able to run the checks against the system
> prior to making any upgrade changes, but it seems not.

You can and it might produce a warning or error for some checks saying
to run online data migrations, but not all checks are related to or
remedied with online data migrations. You can look at the History of
Checks for nova [1]. The cells v2 ones in Ocata were very much about the
need to create cell mappings and such - something we (nova) don't do for
you. There are other checks for the minimum API version on a dependent
external service (like placement, and I have one for cinder here [2]).

[1] https://docs.openstack.org/nova/latest/cli/nova-status.html#upgrade
[2] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/649759/

Matt