[nova] Stein regressions

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 20:23:49 UTC 2019

Here is an update on these.

On 4/16/2019 9:30 PM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
> 1. https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1822801
>
> There is a patch being worked: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/649345/

That's approved and needs to be backported to stable/stein. It's having
a hard time merging because of [1].

> 2. https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1824435
>
> We have a re-create scenario for this in devstack (noted in the bug
> report). I've been unable to recreate in a functional test, possibly
> because of how sqlite deals with NULL values in unique constraints
> differently from mysql. I would have thought this regression test [1]
> would have hit it but it didn't.
>
> There are some options for fixing this, some more hacky than others, e.g.:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/653065/
>
> Need some input from others on fixing that bug in maybe a less hacky way.

Still no solid fix for this yet and no one is actively working on it.

> 3. https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1825034

There is a functional recreate patch and fix patch proposed with +2s
from gibi [2].

> 4. https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1825020

There is a series for this as well with +2s from Jay [3]. The bottom two
are the recreate test patch and the fix, but rest in the series are just
cleanups.

[1] http://status.openstack.org/elastic-recheck/#1825435
[2]
https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:bug/1825034+(status:open+OR+status:merged)