[openstack-ansible][monasca][zaqar][watcher][searchlight] Retirement of unused OpenStack Ansible roles

Mohammed Naser mnaser at vexxhost.com
Wed Apr 24 20:47:23 UTC 2019

Hi,

These roles have been broken for over a year now, some are not even
integrated with the OpenStack Ansible integrated repository.

I think it's safe to say that for the most part, they have no users or
consumers unless someone has integrated it downstream somewhere and
didn't push that back out. It is a lot of overhead to maintain roles,
we're a small team that has to manage a huge amount of roles and their
integration, while on paper, I'd love for someone to step in and help,
but no one has for over a year.

If someone wants to step in and get those roles to catch up on all the
technical debt they've accumulated (because when we'd do fixes across
all roles, we would always leave them.. because they always failed
tests..) then we're one revert away from it.  I have some thoughts on
how we can resolve this for the future, but they're much more long
term, but for now, the additional workload on our very short resourced
team is a lot.

Thanks,
Mohammed

--