[placement][tripleo][kolla] Update on placement extraction from nova

Mark Goddard mark at stackhpc.com
Wed Apr 24 10:45:53 UTC 2019

On Fri, 19 Apr 2019 at 20:35, Matt Riedemann <mriedemos at gmail.com> wrote:

> I put together an etherpad [1] for a Forum session at the upcoming
> summit to go over what happened with placement extraction in Stein and
> the plan for Train.
>
> With help I was able to figure out where the extracted placement
> packages are so it's good to know those exist.
>
> Mohammed also gave me the status on OpenStack-Ansible but I'm less clear
> on TripleO and Kolla.

Kolla added a placement-api image during the Stein cycle:
https://review.opendev.org/#/c/613589/

Kolla-ansible Stein release will add support for fresh deploys and
upgrades, including migration from existing nova-placement:
https://review.opendev.org/#/c/613629/

Thanks to Eduardo Gonzalez and Lee Yarwood for getting this done.