[oslo][oslo-messaging][nova] Stein nova-api AMQP issue running under uWSGI

Alex Schultz aschultz at redhat.com
Mon Apr 22 17:53:41 UTC 2019

On Mon, Apr 22, 2019 at 11:28 AM Ben Nemec <openstack at nemebean.com> wrote:

> On 4/20/19 1:38 AM, Michele Baldessari wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 19, 2019 at 03:20:44PM -0700, iain.macdonnell at oracle.com wrote:
> >>
> >> Today I discovered that this problem appears to be caused by eventlet
> >> monkey-patching. I've created a bug for it:
> >>
> >> https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1825584
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > just for completeness we see this very same issue also with
> > mistral (actually it was the first service where we noticed the missed
> > heartbeats). iirc Alex Schultz mentioned seeing it in ironic as well,
> > although I have not personally observed it there yet.
>
> Is Mistral also mixing eventlet monkeypatching and WSGI?

Looks like there is monkey patching, however we noticed it with the
engine/executor. So it's likely not just wsgi.  I think I also saw it
in the ironic-conductor, though I'd have to try it out again.  I'll
spin up an undercloud today and see if I can get a more complete list
of affected services. It was pretty easy to reproduce.

Thanks,
-Alex