[placement][tripleo][kolla] Update on placement extraction from nova

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Mon Apr 22 12:32:40 UTC 2019

On Fri, Apr 19, 2019 at 3:38 PM Matt Riedemann <mriedemos at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

> So if people from the TripleO and Kolla teams can reply here and clarify
> I can get that back into the etherpad before the Forum session.

As far I know, Piotr (in copy) has taken over Lee's work and the plan is to
get it merged after the PTG, before Placement is removed in Nova.
The work is highly prioritized in the our compute team.

Step 1. (after PTG and before it's removed in Nova) Rebase TripleO work,
make it pass CI & reviewed by TripleO Core, land it. Target is Train
Milestone 1.

Step 2. Clean up TripleO and removing old references to Nova Placement
service. Target is Train Milestone 2.

I'll let the compute folks to give more details if needed but I hope it
answers your question.
--
Emilien Macchi