[release] Release countdown for week R-26 and R-25, April 15-26

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Fri Apr 19 09:22:55 UTC 2019

Here we go again! The Train cycle will about normal at 26 weeks.  Please take a
couple of minutes to look over the schedule for this release:

    https://releases.openstack.org/train/schedule.html

We also have the same data available as an ics:

    https://releases.openstack.org/train/schedule.ics

it's a good idea for interested parties (for example PTLs and liaisons)
to subscribe to it so upcoming deadlines are visible.

Development Focus
-----------------

Focus should be on optimizing the time at the PTG and following up after the
event to jump start Train development and spec planning

Action Required
---------------

PTLs will receive a direct email from me establishing contact and setting
communication expectations.  Be on the lookout!

General Information
-------------------

All teams should review their release liaison information and make sure it is
up to date [1].

While reviewing liaisons, this would also be a good time to make sure your
declared release model matches the project's plans for Train (e.g. [2]). This
should be done prior to the first milestone and can be done by proposing a
change to the Stein deliverable file for the project(s) affected [3].

Now would be a good time to start brainstorming Forum topics while some of the
PTG discussions are fresh. Just a couple months until the Summit and Forum in
Berlin.

Upcoming Deadlines & Dates

Train-1 milestone: Jun 03  (R-19 week)
Forum at OpenInfrastructure Summit in Denver: April 29 - May 1
PTG right after the OpenInfrastructure Summit in Denver: May 2 - 4

Yours Tony  (tonyb).

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/CrossProjectLiaisons
[2] https://opendev.org/openstack/releases/src/branch/master/deliverables/train/keystone.yaml#L3
[3] https://opendev.org/openstack/releases/src/branch/master/deliverables/train