The python black project.

David Peacock dpeacock at redhat.com
Thu Apr 18 20:42:05 UTC 2019

I had my concerns when I saw Python Black promoted in other quite some time
ago, and the same concern strikes me now I revisited it.

I strongly oppose Python Black adoption for this reason:

https://black.readthedocs.io/en/stable/the_black_code_style.html#line-length

88 char line lengths is a table stakes deal breaker for me (and I suspect
others), and since the black project relies on no exceptions or discussions
about details, this makes it a non-starter.

-1 for me.

David.