The python black project.

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Thu Apr 18 13:45:42 UTC 2019

> I think we already use flake8 openstack-wide, what will Black bring us in
> addition to that?
>
> Dmitry

Based on my quick test, it would bring us code churn of changing ' to " and
flake8 errors due to unwrapping lines and making them longer than 80
characters.

I like the idea of code consistency. But having a tool automatically do it
without being able to tweak the settings, and having defaults do things that
introduce pep8 errors, seems like a non-starter.

And as mentioned elsewhere, introducing something like this to a long
established code base has a lot of problems. Maybe new projects just starting
off may want to investigate further, but running on most projects could be a
nightmare.

Sean