Migrating git repos to OpenDev

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Wed Apr 17 15:23:08 UTC 2019

 ---- On Wed, 17 Apr 2019 04:45:18 -0500 Chris Dent <cdent+os at anticdent.org> wrote ----
 > On Tue, 16 Apr 2019, Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
 >
 > > I found one more which need to be placed somewhere in openstack/
 > >
 > > - microversion-parse - this lib is used by many projects for API microversion parsing.  maybe cdent can suggest.
 >
 > When microversion-parse was first put together it wasn't put under
 > an official project for three reasons:
 >
 > * Make it accessible to anything outside the OpenStack world that
 >    might like to work with microversion (if ever such a thing cae to
 >    exist).
 >
 > * Make it crystal clear that the library was just a thing you
 >    install from PyPI, no big deal.
 >
 > * Couldn't decide anywhere to put it.
 >
 > We're essentially still in that boat, but what's changed, at least a
 > bit, is that it's increasingly easy to think of things born in the
 > OpenStack world as just things you can install from PyPI.
 >
 > All of which is a long way of saying I don't really have any good
 > suggestions.
 >
 > The current core group is made up of members of the API-SIG but that
 > group doesn't currently own any code-oriented repos.
 >
 > If it is acceptable for it to be openstack/microversion-parse then
 > let's do that. If it can't, because it is not "official", then it's
 > also fine for it to be in the 'x' namespace. The main signifier (to
 > me) is the domain name, and with that changing anyway, the rest of
 > it doesn't really signify.

Thanks Chris for detail information. As it is very close and OpenStack-only-used lib,
For long term maintenance, it will be good if it stay under openstack. and if we want to
extend it with more common classes like APIVersionRequest thing[1]

Moving to oslo can be one idea to discuss.

If you would like to keep it under openstack/ till opendev-transition, you can add
this in this ethercal[2] and after that, we can discuss to propose under some
official project like oslo etc ?

[1]  https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/nova/tree/nova/api/openstack/api_version_request.py#n231
[2] https://ethercalc.openstack.org/opendev-transition

-gmann