[placement][ptg] Resource Provider Partitioning

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Wed Apr 17 13:32:54 UTC 2019

On Tue, 16 Apr 2019, Dan Smith wrote:

>> For completeness, your preference would be something more like the
>> way we do incomplete project and user for allocations that pre-dated
>> consumers? Make an explicit default (and configurable) shard uuid
>> and migrate to that?
>
> Yup.

I've made a story for this one too https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2005474

Again, the first task is to create a spec. If someone is
interested in taking on this work, please assign yourself.

If nobody assigns themselves, it most likely won't happen in Train
unless we come up with a magical time or clone or both machine.