[placement][ptg] Allocation Partitioning

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 00:18:03 UTC 2019

On 4/16/2019 4:03 PM, melanie witt wrote:
> Consumer types would also enable us to implement the quota usage
> behavior we want during a resize, to take max('instance' usage,
> 'migration' usage).

To be clear, and you did the testing on this recently, but this is how
quota usage worked pre-pike counting quotas in nova, correct? And that
counting behavior was changed in Pike because we now only count the new
flavor resources for vcpus/ram while the server is in VERIFY_RESIZE
status, even if it was a resize down - which could prevent the user from
reverting the resize if they would go over-quota during revert because
we didn't track quota properly during a resize.

So "behavior we want" meaning, "get us back to pre-pike behavior" but at
the same time no one has really complained about this slight wrinkle
since it happened in pike (I think it dawned on me last week). Meaning,
it's low priority, yeah?

Matt